Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

My 5 Must Have Cleaning Supplies




I'm one of those lucky wives who has a husband who said yes to a house cleaner. So every other week a wonderful women comes to my home and does all the big cleaning, you know the stuff you hold off to do on the weekends like cleaning the kitchen garden window and everything on it; scrubbing the tub and shower; washing my kitchen cabinets etc. We choose to have her come because we enjoyed our family time and didn't want to spend it doing major house cleaning. This was worth the extra money each month. 

This doesn't mean I still don't clean my home each day and I have 5 tools/supplies I couldn't live without that I'd like to share with you. Each allows me to clean my home quickly and without using harsh chemicals. I'm real big on getting rid of chemicals in my home. You can check out the websites for each of these products by clicking the links under the pictures.

 1. Swiffer Dusters - So much better then a feather duster that just pushes the dust back into the air and even better the Pledge because I don't have to spray any chemicals. 
Source: Swiffer 
 2. My homemade cleaners, check out my post here to see how I made them. I have a floor cleaner, an all purpose cleaner and a disinfectant spray.


 3. Mr Clean Flip it Duster - One side dusts and the other side mops. I have laminate floors throughout my house, being able to dust my floor, spray my floor cleaner and then mop it up all with one tool is a great time saver.
Source: Cleaner Home Living

4. Mr Clean Magic Eraser - I don't know how it works, but it does. I love being able to clean smudges off the wall without having to spray any sort of cleaner on it first.
Source: Mr Clean
 5. My final tool is my Shark Portable Steam Pocket - I was watching late night TV and saw the infomercial for this. When I saw it clean the mold off a boat I knew I needed to buy it for my dad as a Christmas present (he has a boat). I decided midway through the ordering I needed one too and I haven't regretted it. I can clean and disinfect my whole house with hot steam. No chemicals! I wanted to buy the floor steamer but they apparently don't work well on laminate flooring. The steam is so hot it melts the glue holding your floor down. Probably not a good idea. An added plus is that it doubles as a clothes steamer perfect for my clothing that I can't iron.
Source: Shark
So there you have it. The 5 cleaning supplies/tools that help me keep my home clean, disinfected and safe for my family. Plus they allow me to be able to spend treasured time with them.

Until next time,
Karri

This post will be included in The Christian Home - A weekly emagazine.




linking to:

Monday
ABowl Full of LemonsThe Gunny Sack, For Love of Cupcakes, Inspired by Felicity, How to Nest for Less, Between Naps on the Porch
 Tuesday
Lil Luna, Sugar BeeCrafts, The Blackberry Vine, Today's Creative Blog, Mommy by Day, Crafter byNight; Not Just a Housewife, Snap, Clean and Scentsible, Jillify it, Natural Nesters, Crystal & Co, I’m Topsy Turvy
Wednesday
Polkadots on Parade, Fireflies and Jellybeans, Gluesticks,  The Trendy Treehouse, Somewhat Simple, Ginger Snap Crafts, Night Owl Crafting
Thursday
 Suzy’s Artsy Craftsy Sitcom, My Turn (for us), The Shabby Chic Cottage,  the therpblog, The Crafty Blog Stalker, The Frugal Girls
 Friday
It’s a HodgepodgeLife, Blissful and Domestic, Sippy Cup Chronicles, Homemaker in Heels, Chic ona Shoestring, Home is Where My Story Begins, Craft Envy, Whipper Berry, for Mamas, Sassy Sites, Tidy Mom
 Saturday
Tatertots andJello, Sew Chatty, Craft Envy, While He Was Napping, Six Sisters Stuff
Sunday
I Heart Naptime, Flamingo Toes, Blissful and Domestic, Nifty Thrifty Things

5 comments:

  1. Hi Karri! I've been considering getting one of those steamers! I'm just afraid I'd never bother to use it. I'm an old fashioned kinda gal, but they look sooo nice! Thanks for sharing! If you have a minute please feel free to add a link to my link-up party! God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be honest, when I first got it I used it all the time, then I went a long time without using it, now I'm back to it. I think you go in stages with these kind of things.

      Delete
  2. A work mate linked me to this site. Thnx for the details.
    My web page :: Washroom Products

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. We agree. The magic eraser is one of the best inventions of ALL TIME! :) Thanks for linking up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday!" We hope to see you again! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I really enjoy your blog so I'm sure you will see me again. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...