Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Alexa's 1st Outfit Shadow Box

Your baby's first outfit is a very important piece of clothing. It's one you never hand down to anyone else and it never winds up in the box to donate. Often times you place it in a airtight bag and place it in your hope chest or keepsake box. Other times it just continues to hang in your child's closet until you decide what to do with it. For me it has been the later, Alexa's outfit had been sitting in her closet since she grew out of it almost a year ago.
During a recent trip to HomeGoods I found a beautiful shadow box that was only $14. You can't beat that price so I pickup one up. In hind site I probably should have bought another but oh well. This beautiful new shadow box was the perfect way to display Alexa's outfit.

(Going clockwise) I assembled all the pieces from Alexa's outfit, including the Ugg look alike boots she wore. Her onesie which is hard to see was white with pink trim and covered with pink and purple peace signs. I covered the inside of my box with two different pieces of scrapbook paper. Teresa Collins paper to be specific. The shadow box was covered in an off white canvas which I could have kept as my backdrop but I choose not to for two reasons, 1. I love the paper and 2. I'm using Teresa Collins paper for Alexa's baby book. This will help me keep a cohesive theme in her room. Finally I began playing around with the outfit to see how I wanted to lay it. The shadow box came with pearl tipped push pins which I used to attached the clothing to the inside of the box. 


What do you think of my finished box? - I added two pictures from her trip to home and also her bracelet from the hospital. I used regular adhesive to attach them to the clothes. 
If you still have your child's first outfit, you might want to consider making a shadow box. If you can find a good deal like I did, it is worth it to display your treasure.

Until next time,
Karri








Linking to these great parties:

Monday
Craft-o-Matic, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Skip to My Lou, The Gunny Sack, 
For Love of Cupcakes, Inspired by Felicity, How to Nest for Less, Keeping it Simple, Between Naps on the Porch
Tuesday
Lil Luna, Sugar Bee Crafts, The Blackberry Vine, Today's Creative Blog, Mommy by Day, 
Crafter by Night; Not Just a Housewife, Snap, Clean and Scentsible, Jillify it, NaturalNesters, Crystal & Co, I’m Topsy Turvy
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
It’s a HodgepodgeLife, Blissful and Domestic, Sippy Cup Chronicles,
 Homemaker in Heels, Chic ona Shoestring, Home is Where My Story Begins, Craft Envy, Whipper Berry, for Mamas, 
Sassy Sites, Blissful Bucket List, Natasha in Oz
Saturday
Tatertots and Jello, Sew Chatty, Craft Envy, While He Was Napping, Six Sisters Stuff
Sunday
I Heart Naptime, Flamingo Toes, Blissful and Domestic, Nifty Thrifty Things

8 comments:

  1. Love this! I brought my daughter home in the same outfit that my Mom brought me home in and FAILED to get a picture!!! By the time I realized it, she couldn't fit in it. But I think I will still make a shadowbox like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Maybe you could write a letter to your daughter that you could put in the shadowbox sharing the story of the outfit. Thanks for stopping by and sharing.

      Delete
  2. very sweet - joined your site - off to have a look around - would be great if you could come visit & follow me too. x
    http://partycraftsecrets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter made me a shadow box for my baby clothes. Lol kinda a reversal, huh. I am not sure if its what I wore when I came home from the hospital or not but I just love looking at it. Thank you for sharing at Freedom Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a sweet idea! I could definitely use this! Thanks so much for linking this up!

    I wanted to let you know that we featured this at this weeks Naturally-Nifty Party! STop by and check it out and grab a featured button! Also be sure to check out our Pinterest, b/c we pin our features!

    http://natural-nester.blogspot.com/2012/07/naturally-nifty-party-22.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I really appreciate the recognition. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  5. This is such a sweet idea! I need to do this, it would be great to look back on. Thanks for sharing and I am a new follower!
    Hope you are having a great day!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Michelle, I'm glad you could join me. Thank you for following and leaving your blog address also so I can follow you back. I'm having a great day, I hope you are too.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...