Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Altered Notebooks

I finally got a chance to get up and around and do some crafting. I have box of items I have collected over the years that I want to alter. Today I took some dull, plain ordinary mini composition notebooks and made them fresh, fun and fabulous. 


 I had three mini notebooks left in my stash. I used to get them at the Dollar Store in sets of 2 for a $1.00. Unfortunately the Dollar Store doesn't carry them anymore. Hopefully they will bring them back soon. They are perfect journals for retreats and as small gift items.

I cut the covers the size of 4 1/2 inch by 3 1/4 inch and used my corner rounder on one side to match the books. 

I took some ribbon and attached it to the spine of the journals. They will be used as bookmarks. I then covered the spines with a piece of coordinating paper cut to 4 1/2 inch by 2 inch.


 Here they are once again. I added a watering can charm to the ribbon on the green journal and tack pins to the other two. The journal with Mary will be my new mass journal (an idea I got from Matthew Kelly check out my post here); for the green journal I added an embellishment I had from a tag swap I participated in a few years ago. I'm thinking I will use the green journal for gardening inspiration. The orange journal currently does not have a purpose yet but I'm sure I will come up with something soon.

I hope you have a chance this week to create some treasures of your own.

Until next time,
Karri


linked to




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...