Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Time to Play

Last month I signed up to be an Independent Consultant for Close to My Heart. I had been away from the company for about 2 years and I really missed it. When I received my consultant kit and took some time to look through the Idea Book, I was so excited to see they now offer a Cricut cartridge called Art Philosophy and coordinating stamps kits. Well I just had to order it because it was putting my two favorite craft companies together. in one product.  My new toy arrived early last week. Today I had a few free moments for the first time which gave me the opportunity to break it open and make something. 


I grabbed my scraps and used my Cricut to cut out this great box. It's one of those boxes like the ones the apple pies at McDonald's come in. The tag is cardboard and came from my Cricut kit. I was able to cut out the shape in blue paper to cover the tag perfectly, then I cut another piece about 1/4 smaller to decorate. I distressed around the edges of all the pieces with CTMH stamp color chocolate and used the same color to stamp "love you."


I'm not sure what I will use the box for yet since this was really just a let's play for a while sort of project. Making the box was so quick and simple I might put together some Easter treats next week.  Really there are so many different box options on this Cricut cartridge I think I will try to make one a day and find a favorite.

Until next time,
Karri

Linked to 




Tuesday To Do Party

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...