Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

One Craft - Many Uses

Saturday was our parishes annual Lenten Ladies Retreat. You can read my reflection of the day by clicking here. Today for Crafty Monday I'm going to share the craft I put together for each of the ladies to make. This is a very simple craft and I believe it would work with any group activity you are planning. First I made the title pages for each lady. I used my Scrapbook Max software and made 6 covers fit a page. Our retreat focused on 5 "Bad" Girls of the Bible. I wanted the ladies to bring something home that can serve as a reminder of what they can learn from each of them and then together as a whole.


I took 12x12 paper and cut it into 3 4x12 strips, then I used the scoring tool on my paper cutter and scored the paper at the 4 and 8 inch marks. This helped the ladies fold the paper like an accordion with ease. 

Each table of ladies received a bag with the cover sheet, strips of paper, scissors, glue sticks, strips of paper with numbers printed on them and lots of fun stickers and die cuts.

Here is my Mom gluing her's together. (See Mom you finally made the blog. I promise next time I'll take a picture of your face.)

Here is the finished product on our prayer table for the ladies to reference. After they completed the craft they were invited to write a single word or a phrase stating what each "Bad" girl taught them. 

I think this is a great craft to do for just about anything. Since we are in the Lenten season I was thinking of adding one more strip of paper and making one for Jesus' Last Words. Another idea is to add paper and make the Stations of the Cross. I was also thinking you can use the pattern to make cards. For example for Mother's Day you can make a "6 Reasons I Love My Mom" card or a "6 Reasons I Love My Dad" card for Father's Day. The ideas are endless. If you have an idea, please share. I'd love to read about it.

Until next time,
Karri


Linked to:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...