Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

My Fancy Clipboard

Happy Monday everyone. Welcome to my first crafty post. I love crafting, it's a passion I inherited from my mom. Thanks Mom. Each week I hope to share with you a craft project or two which I worked on the previous week. My first project was to decorate a clip board I found while clearing out the garage. 
I chose to paint around the end of the board so I didn't have to worry about cutting my paper perfect and this also avoided having to file the edges, also for a perfect fit. After painting with my Adirondack paint dabber in the color snow cap, I sponged two shades of green stamping ink (topiary and sweet leaf, both from Close to My Heart). This gave it a more worn look. 

Next I added my orange background paper. I used Claudine Hellmuth Studio multi-medium gloss as my adhesive. I love the distressed look so I rubbed it with sand paper. Don't you love those distress mark?
 
Next came some green and patterned paper that matched the colors in my kitchen and highlighted my favorite insect - butterflies. (Yes I know I covered most of my distress marks) 

Finally I added different styles of orange and green ribbons I had left over from various projects and used my Cricut to diecut the word FAITH. Here is the finished project hanging in my kitchen above my "everything binder" During the week it will be home to my week at a glance sheet, so the family can quickly get an idea of what our week looks like. When we have guests over the sheets will go away and our guests will see our stylish clipboard. 
Thanks for letting me share with you today. Look for a new craft project next Monday. 
Until next time,
Karri


linking to:
www.skiptomylou.org

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea, love your craft project!!! Thanks for becoming my follower, I will follow you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nancy. I'm looking forward to following your blog also.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...