Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

How Can I Stop Time?

How can I stop time? That was the question I was faced with yesterday when I picked up Alexa from daycare. You see, she's moving to the toddler room.
Alexa enjoying the swing in Golden Gate Park
Alexa has been at her daycare for 7 months now. Happily playing in the infant room with it's extra soft toys, little high chairs and a crib. Everything to remind me of my little "baby" girl. Now she's headed to tables and chairs, dress up chests and a cot for nap time. The funny thing about all of this is that Jim and I have wanted her to move to the toddler room because we could tell how much she loved it when she had the chance to play there.
Knowing this you would think I'd have been okay when the director informed me she was ready. Instead I felt like I was socked in the stomach. Don't get me wrong, I'm so happy and proud of my little girl and that she is doing so well there. I just wasn't ready for her to start being a big girl.
When we arrived home and I told big brother Jake, he gave me a hug and reminded me that she will always be my baby just like he is still me baby too. I love that kid, he always knows how to make me feel better.
So when Daddy came home we celebrated with dinner out at Johnny Carinos. And in between the screams for more food, the numerous times she threw her sippy cup on the floor and the spaghetti that covered her, the table and the floor we celebrated our little "Boo" as she grows up.

Until next time,
Karri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...