Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Reflections of 2011

So today is the last day of 2011. As I look back over the past year I'm still amazed at how quickly the year went by. It seems like just yesterday Alexa was born. Now she's running around the house and getting into everything. Jacob has also changed so much over the year. He's no longer my little boy who looked up at me everyday, he's now a young man I need to look up at.

Even though this year has flown by I still have learned a lot about myself and my family.
1. Having a baby in the house really makes you young again.
2. Our dog Penny can get jealous. - we're just not sure if she is jealous of Alexa or us, since she is like Nana in Peter Pan when it comes to Alexa.
3. I'm addicted to Pinterest
4. My Barnes and Noble Nook is the best gift ever. My iPod touch is a close 2nd (I'm only talking materialism here. I know my gifts from God are most important.)
5. I love watching Jacob play basketball. I'm so proud at how good is.
6. I love my friends in Antioch and they are very important to me but I miss my old friends from the Peninsula often. 
7. Remember it's in God's time not my time.
8. Theology of the Body is one of the greatest gifts from Blessed Pope John Paul II. Every teen and young adult should embrace it 
9. Even though my job as Youth Minister is important, my vocation as wife and mother is where God wants me to really focus.
10. and finally....... going through the first 10 months of the year with postpartum depression has made me realize that I have a best husband ever. He patiently put up with a lot from me and when he knew I was ready encouraged me to get help. His support through my journey back to me has been amazing. I will forever be grateful to him. 

So for a quick year, I think I learned a lot. I hope that 2012 will slow just a bit so I can enjoy it even more. One promise I have made to myself for 2012 is to take more pictures and of course journal about it more. 
Until 2012!

Have a happy and safe New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...